The Angel of Darkness Recovery Patch
Update 6 December 2019: New version of the patch available with the following features:
1. Camera Relative controls
2. 90 degree turns
3. Mouse and most gamepads support
Advanced options (PM him for those (*) - use the FB page linked at the bottom):
4. Option to enable roll everywhere (vanilla CORE feature which otherwise can be toggled in the debug menu ("nasty tank mode"))
4.1. You can cancel a straight jump up with a roll which will also allow you pass small obstacles
4.2. You can get constant velocity while rolling mid-air which is kept after landing
4.3. You can make jumps previously impossible
4.4. You can snap when pressed the roll jump in the right time to ground
4.5. You can roll out of a grab in a cool way
5. Option to configure which animations should have "free rotations" from CONFIG.INI
6. Reset the camera behind lara (currently numpad 5)
7. Reset level/collect all level items cheats
(*) "The above settings currently require registry changes to work (except the reset camera which is bound by default on keyboard to numpad 5 (but not on gamepad)) - so depending of popularity/motivation I may change the bindings for you." - Sasho648
- The mouse sensitivity can be adjusted in the menu and should probably work.
- There is a funny bug when trying to run opposite of the camera on stairs - she will walk backwards.
- The swimming camera was an afterthought and on request can be reverted.
- Sometimes when in a cutscene the camera will fly through the map.
Video of the youtuber NevByte using this mod:
Video of Sasho648's stream doing a very long jump in tomb of ancients (be patient watching this, also it's in a low resolution and no game sound):
=> https://youtu.be/b9RsGGzASow <=
Update 5 April 2016: laracroft1997 edited Sasho648's patch and restored the sunglasses. The installation is the same as the regular patch, simply paste the .exe file in your bin folder inside your AOD folder (don't forget to back up first).
You can load a savegame but the sunglasses won't appear until you'll get to the next level.
Sasho648's recovery patch for AOD is an amazing patch including new animations and effects for the game. Below is a list of what the patch includes made by Peterstar101.
Recovery Patch - Update v6.4.1
This patch is the "Recovery" update, used to add a tweak to the previous edition v.6.0, v.6.1, v.6.2, v.6.3, v.6.4 and v.6.4.1.
This patch includes :
If Lara runs of a ledge you can push space to recover and get back up. This patch removes :
1. The bugged wall-hit in the Kurtis levels.
2. The last-chance move in the Kurtis levels.
And the fixes from previous version :
1. Entirely changed on stairs control system, enabling all the moves that you would be able to do while not on them.
2. New stance moves (including 90 & 180 degree turn while backward walking is still enabled).
3. Walk & run turn 180 moves.
4. New cornering system including the wall-hit animation (not working with Kurtis).
5. Enabled blood & snow effects.
6. New player health system including the limp animations.
7. The walk-running move triggered when while walking the walk-mode is disabled.
8. The much needed slope fix, that enables slopes that previously did not work.
9. Adds the new running speed.
10. Adds a deleted "Poison" camera effect when low on health (around 35%).
11. This adds the deleted "Last-chance" animation if you fall and then grab from a higher ledge in slow motion. When it is trigged push space to recover otherwise you fall. (Only for Lara).
12. Includes the "Smooth" limp animation (The walk one) needed due to a frame skip when using the other ones.
13. Wall-hit (Only for Lara).
Sasho648's website and Facebook :
=> Return to Modding <=