by MontyTRC (*)
(*) Additional credits: Lwmte, XProger, Stohrendorf, Titak, leveldesigner1, TRTombLevBauer, Gancian, Gemini, Gh0stBlade, Monsieur Z, Teslarus, Banderi, teme9.
Tomb Editor is an unofficial level editor for Tomb Raider 4 custom levels. It is a modern replacement for the RoomEdit level editor from Core Design, also known as "TRLE", which was released to the public in 2000 with Tomb Raider Chronicles and was the original in-house tool used by the development team to produce levels for Tomb Raider 4. Unlike RoomEdit, which dates back to 1999 and Windows 98 era, TombEditor is compatible with modern systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10, supports both 32-bit and 64-bit CPUs, takes advantage of modern GPUs capabilities through the use of DirectX 10 and has a more standard user interface utilizing a spectrum of mouse controls. TombEditor allows for import of RoomEdit's PRJ project files and for use of WAD object files and TGA texture sets, but also introduces its own proprietary PRJ2 format for project files and WAD2 format for object files, which are aimed at lifting the limitations imposed by the original formats. All of the crucial, basic functionality for level editing was ported from RoomEdit, with some of it extended to new abilities, along with new, additional tools developed from scratch to aid the editing process.
Version 1.6.4 with TEN 1.0.6 update - 29/01/2023
List of changes:
- Add an option to enable 32-bit lighting for TRNG to fix "rainbow bug" (requires FLEP patch).
- Add an option to use Lua or node events as actions for legacy triggers in TEN.
- Add an option for imported geometry to define whether it is UV-mapped or not.
- Extend pathfinding data over slopes for flying enemies in TEN levels.
- Fix possible issues with pathfinding on extended heights in TEN levels.
- Fix broken lua event sets which had non-alphanumerical characters in their name.
- Fix variable comparer nodes not working correctly without initialized variable.
- Fix incorrect light interpolation between rooms with non-traversable portals.
- Add a new main window menu option to quickly convert objects between UV-mapped and tiled texture mode.
- Increase compatibility with imported animations with inconsistent bone and mesh setups.
- Play sound preview on animation editor timeline scrubbling.
- Fix sound previews not working if default sound device is incorrect in Windows settings.
- Fix sound previews not playing for TEN right footprint flipeffect.
- Fix flickering in main window if empty object is selected.
- Fix incorrect parsing of TR5 objects which had unknown flags packed together with mesh radius.
- TEN Base WAD:
- Added new explosion sprite sequence by Gecko.
- Added ID_DART as a real mesh instead of a particle.
- Added Lara's death animation for the Willard Spider (LARA_EXTRA_ANIM).
- Fixed incorrect sound bug in TR3_Override which changed Lara's "jump" sound into her "climbing" sound.
- Don't generate empty strings for TEN projects in TIDE script editor.
- Update Tomb1Main preset to 2.12.1.
- Update tomb3 preset to 1.5.0.
TEN Version 1.0.6:
- Fix major pathfinding bug which could have caused lots of issues with enemy behaviour.
- Fix potential random crashes due to incorrect rendering behaviour.
- Fix savegame crash for disabled enemies with partially set activation mask.
- Fix certain enemies not damaging Lara if binoculars or lasersight mode is active.
- Fix invisible Lara after starting a new game from title flyby with hidden Lara.
- Fix backholster weapons not updating their sound position together with player.
- Fix black screen bug when there was an obstacle between the fixed camera and the target.
- Fix underwater caustics not appearing without visiting options menu beforehand.
- Fix TR1 ape climbing.
- Fix TR1 rat which crashed the game when it was killed.
- Fix TR2 small spider climbing and pathfinding.
- Fix TR3 Shiva and TR4 baddy 2 not blocking bullets.
- Fix TR4 harpy's sting attack which was neither hurting nor poisoning Lara.
- Fix TR4 SAS teleporting over the blocks he walks by.
- Fix TR4 seth blades that were doing a double activation when used an OCB different than 0.
- Fix TR4 skeleton spawn when used with OCB 3.
- Fix TR4 sphinx solving his bugged behaviour that happened if it received a lot of damage.
- Fix TR5 Roman statue and its meshswap.
- Fix TR5 twogun laser guard.
- Fix enemy projectile effect colours.
- Fix enemy shadow position.
- Fix sound positions not updated during flybys.
- Fix grenade launcher super ammo emitting too many fragments.
- Fix grenade and rocket launcher lighting.
- Fix ceiling trapdoor and floor trapdoor that Lara couldn't open manually.
- Make enemies drop pickups at first available bounding box corner point, not centerpoint.
- Restore original volumetric explosion effects.
- Add TR3 lizard and Puna.
- Add TR3 boss effects in ID_BOSS_SHIELD and ID_BOSS_SHOCKWAVE_EXPLOSION slots.
- Add an option to activate Lua or node events from legacy triggers.
- Add more warnings in logs to enemies which animation or required slot is missing.
- Antitriggering an enemy will now cause it to vanish and pause.
- Re-triggering an enemy will cause it to reappear and unpause.
- Lua Moveable functions Enable and Disable now correctly trigger and antitrigger the moveable.
- Improve level loading speed a lot.
Lua API changes:
- Moveable:SetVisible has been added. MakeInvisible is now an alias for SetVisible(false).
- Moveable:MeshIsVisible is now GetMeshVisible.
- Moveable:SetMeshVisible has been added to replace ShowMesh/HideMesh.
- Moveable:MeshIsSwapped is now GetMeshSwapped.
- Primitive Classes (Color, Rotation, Vec3) can now be saved via Levelvars and Gamevars variables.
- OnSave function now gets called just before data is saved, rather than just after.
- Add new function CameraObject::PlayCamera().
- Add new function Misc::GetCameraType().
NOTE: This version updates level file format, so you should recompile your existing levels, including title. Dummy title level is also provided in TEN update package for existing projects.
=> Return to Tools <=