by MontyTRC (*)
(*) Additional credits: Lwmte, XProger, Stohrendorf, Titak, leveldesigner1, TRTombLevBauer, Gancian, Gemini, Gh0stBlade, Monsieur Z, Teslarus, Banderi, teme9.
Tomb Editor is an unofficial level editor for Tomb Raider 4 custom levels. It is a modern replacement for the RoomEdit level editor from Core Design, also known as "TRLE", which was released to the public in 2000 with Tomb Raider Chronicles and was the original in-house tool used by the development team to produce levels for Tomb Raider 4. Unlike RoomEdit, which dates back to 1999 and Windows 98 era, TombEditor is compatible with modern systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10, supports both 32-bit and 64-bit CPUs, takes advantage of modern GPUs capabilities through the use of DirectX 10 and has a more standard user interface utilizing a spectrum of mouse controls. TombEditor allows for import of RoomEdit's PRJ project files and for use of WAD object files and TGA texture sets, but also introduces its own proprietary PRJ2 format for project files and WAD2 format for object files, which are aimed at lifting the limitations imposed by the original formats. All of the crucial, basic functionality for level editing was ported from RoomEdit, with some of it extended to new abilities, along with new, additional tools developed from scratch to aid the editing process.
Version 1.6.8 with TEN 1.1.0 update - 29/07/2023
List of changes:
- Add preview button for sound playback node functions.
- Add nodes to manage timers.
- Fix current node item list remaining open after scrolling node graph with mouse wheel.
- Fix legacy triggers wrongly set to switch type in rooms containing "switch" in their name.
- Fix TEN level compiler producing incorrect normals for imported geometry.
- Fix TEN level compiler not scaling merged static meshes.
- Fix particle emitter node not working.
- Don't recalculate normals silently when importing mesh through static mesh editor.
- Fix broken sound remap when copying objects from legacy wads to TEN wad.
- Many minor bugfixes.
- Update Tomb1Main preset to 2.5.2.
TEN Version 1.1.0:
- Fix enemies shooting Lara through static meshes and moveables.
- Fix skeletons and mummies not being affected by explosive weapons.
- Fix crash on loading if static meshes with IDs above maximum are present.
- Fix various crashes specific to 64-bit build.
- Fix random crashes when playing audio tracks with names longer than 15 symbols.
- Fix crashes when trying to play .wav audio tracks on some Windows 11 systems.
- Fix last selected gun type not preserved after level jump.
- Fix incorrect vertical position after reloading a savegame made while standing on a bridge.
- Fix sprint value going below zero.
- Fix fog bulb density formula.
- Fix clockwork beetle activation crashing the game.
- Fix corrupted vehicle positions after savegame reload.
- Fix default ambience overlapping current one when loading a savegame.
- Fix doppelganger being limited to a single room.
- Fix bat AI, damage value, and incorrect collision after death.
- Fix regeneration for pickups with OCB 128.
- Fix raising blocks still shaking without OCB.
- Fix spiky ceiling, improve collision, and allow setting velocity via OCB.
- Fix TR1 winged mutant pathfinding and damage issues and add new OCBs.
- Fix TR1 Natla facing angle, bomb and shard projectiles, shooting anim in the second phase.
- Fix last inventory item position not being saved.
- Fix some puzzle hole objects crashing the game on item insertion.
- Fix incorrect harpoon bolt speed and angle when shooting vertically.
- Fix black shatter debris.
- Fix Lara's shadow projecting only her joints on some occasions.
- Fix sun and spot bulbs direction and sheen casts.
- Fix room collector freezing game on some occasions.
- Fix incorrect culling for scaled static meshes.
- Fix normal mapping.
- Add ability to save screenshot in the "Screenshots" subfolder by pressing the "Print screen" key.
- Implement separate audio track channel for playing voiceovers with subtitles in .srt format.
- Don't stop ambience when Lara dies.
- Pause all sounds when entering inventory or pause menu.
- Preserve hit points on level jump.
- Improve deflection against slopes.
- Move and rotate Lara and activated pickups together with dynamic bridge objects.
- Reduce camera bounce.
- Improve spiky wall collision accuracy.
- Expand control settings page.
- Allow key bindings for previously hardcoded actions (weapon hotkeys, vehicle controls).
- Add input actions for weapon scroll.
- Add splash effect to rockets and grenades when they enter water.
- Allow multiple doppelgangers by using the same OCB for the origin nullmesh and doppelganger.
- Add TR1 skateboard kid.
- Add TR1 Kold.
Lua API changes:
- Add soundtrack functions:
- Misc::GetAudioTrackLoudness() for getting current loudness of a given track type.
- Misc::IsAudioTrackPlaying() for checking if a given track type is playing.
- Misc::GetCurrentSubtitle() for getting current subtitle string for the voice track.
NOTE: This is a final 1.6.8 / 1.1.0 release, not the pre-release version which was published week earlier via other channels. If you have downloaded pre-release before, you need to download again.
NOTE: Strings.lua file must be either replaced or manually edited to include new strings for option menus. Dev team is aware that it may be uncomfortable to do manually and will maybe address this issue in future versions. Sorry for inconvenience.
=> Return to Tools <=