AOD Restoration Modpack
Using concepts inspired by both Core Design devs and lead writer Murti Schofield, Restoration tweaks and refines movement and combat, plus extras to enhance user experience. The story, too, saw revision: fleshing out the notebook, subtly altering levels, and adding unused voice lines to help players piece together the story in a natural way. The end result closely follows the direction and themes of the game as released - just polished.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Refined story elements and existing content, and corrected plot holes.
- Pickup balancing, particularly for health items. Provided greater reward for exploration.
- Utilization of cut content: can organically collect and use the iconic dual pistols, re-enabled enemies, restored voice lines, and more.
- Greater emphasis on environmental storytelling. Includes notebook tweaks, gameplay elements, etc.
- Various level enhancements: visual and gameplay fixes, revised interactivity, and subtle level alterations as needed to suit the project's scope.
For the full suite of changes, please read this document:
- Hotfix Changelog Drive Link: 1.3.0 Hotfix 1 Changelog
- Full Project Changelog: Release Changelog v1.2.0
** Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - Definitive Edition and the AOD Restoration Modpack are a collaborative project. The Definitive Edition fully incorporates the latest version of the Restoration Modpack. **
- Previously, this mod had 2 versions called "Alternate" and "Original". The "Original" version will no longer be updated as it's simply way too time consuming for me to keep 2 versions updated. The only updated version will be the old "Alternate" version and now it's the default version as it's the way the mod is intended to be played.
- One of the included exe files is required for the intended experience, the FULL version for DualShock controllers is the one included by default, you can replace this with the other options available. Make sure you check out the readme file for more information and notes. If you want to play with keyboard & mouse, the controller options don't matter.
- Make sure you lower the mouse sensitivity ingame A LOT if you want to use the 360 camera.
- Joy2Key is still required for proper camera relative controls with 360 camera, you must make the right stick of your controller behave as the mouse.
- Make sure you have the VMR9 option enabled as usual for the FMV's to play properly, the game no longer crashes when this option is not enabled.
- There is an included FMV pack made by ATombRaiderFan which I recommend using, this is kept optional due to it requiring a codec such as Lav Filters. Make sure it's installed if you want to use this pack!
- Old saves are NOT compatible with this mod!
Some of the big gameplay changes included for those trying out the mod for the first time along some other notes to avoid potential confusion:
- Added a new option for switching between Tank controls and Camera Relative Controls (with 360 camera) to the Options menu.
- Added a manual lock on system. Hold the Look button to focus on one enemy and strafe around them (like in the retail game). You can only change targets using the Roll button while in this mode.
- To make sure this new lock on system does not make sprinting near enemies impossible, you now start sprinting by tapping the Look button once. You can tap it again (or just stop moving) to stop sprinting.
- Added 2 purchasing options to the pawn menu, one for purchasing the MV-9 Pistol (€1000) and one for purchasing MV-9 clips (€100 per clip).
- Kurtis can now sprint.
- Pierre's route has a new club entrance, don't get confused when the retail club entrance doesn't work!
For the full list of changes, please check out the changelog and the readme included in the EXE pack!
Tomb Raider AoD - Restoration Project 1.3.0 Showcase:
Simply copy & paste the data folder to your TRAOD installation folder. Readme file is also included in the download. If you don't install everything included in the download, there may be issues.
Special thanks from reborninshadows to TRJTA for making all the new textures included in this mod and for giving him suggestions/feedback and a big thank you to Sasho648 and Nakamichi680 for creating amazing AOD modding tools! Credit goes to Dark Legend and PlagueDoctor for the modified CHR files.
=> Return to Modding <=