On Friday the 22nd of April at PAX East 2016 2 exciting projects for the 20th anniversary of the franchise were unveiled. Here's what they are about.
20 Years of Tomb Raider Book
Written by Meagan Marie and published by Prima Games, this 20 Years of Tomb Raider book will explore the ground-breaking, rich, and diverse history of this iconic gaming franchise with stunning visuals and in-depth commentary, including :
- Highlighting previously unpublished images and assets.
- Packed full of information on the rich lore, iconic characters, epic fan community, and, of course, the games that started it all.
- Exclusive interviews from Core Design, Crystal Dynamics, official voice actors, composers, live actions models, comic artists, and more.
- An in-depth look at all the iconic games, with insights into unreleased titles.
- Covers the entirety of the Tomb Raider universe—games, comics, Hollywood movies, pop culture influences, and the community.
They showcased a couple of pages from the book during the event (you can watch the video of the conference if you missed it below) and have shown new concept arts for Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition (you can see the related page with them in Goodies).
Available : October 16, more info here.
The Tomb Raider Suite
Original franchise composer Nathan McCree is returning to his roots with a new musical endeavor titled The Tomb Raider Suite.
The collection will include all classic compositions, as well as extensions and variations of original tracks from the first three Tomb Raider titles. The suite will then be recorded by a live orchestra at the famous Abbey Road Studios, and released for purchase on CD and digital download this autumn.
Alongside the album, a live performance of the suite is planned at a major venue in London to correspond with the official 20th anniversary of the original Tomb Raider’s release in 1996. More details and ticketing information will be made available at a later date.
The entire process – from re-composing the tracks to the final live concert – will be recorded for a TV documentary called Tomb Raider: Remastered. Director Matthew Longfellow, a leader in music documentaries for his work with legends such as Pink Floyd, Metallica, and Queen, will take the helm of the documentary.
On Twitter Nathan McCree added that a worldwide tour is planned (not only a single live performance in London) so stay tuned for more info about it in the coming months.
Update : You can now secure your tickets for this exclusive concert.
PAX East 2016 Video
Missed the conference ? Watch or re-watch it here :
=> Return to the summary <=