Tomb Raider Image Converter
Update (05 April 2017): New version available. It is completely rewritten to be even more stable, compatible with even more systems, and compatible with even more file formats. The new additional file formats it supports are:
• tr4dc (WAD) (Tomb Raider 4 on Dreamcast)
• beta1psx (RAW) (Tomb Raider 1 Playstation Beta (04-09-1996))
• beta2psx (RAW) (Tomb Raider 2 Playstation Beta (16-06-1997))
• beta4pc (RAW) (Tomb Raider 4 PC Beta (15-09-1999))
• trlemac (RAW) (Tomb Raider Level Editor (Mac))
The Tomb Raider Image Converter by b122251 is a tool that provides lossless two-way conversion between the following formats and BMP:
• PCX (Tomb Raider 1 on PC)
• RAW (Tomb Raider 1 on Playstation)
• BIN (Tomb Raider 1 on Sega Saturn)
• PCX (Tomb Raider 2 on PC)
• RAW (Tomb Raider 2 on Playstation)
• RAW (Tomb Raider 3 on Playstation)
• OBJ (Tomb Raider 4 on Playstation)
• STR (Tomb Raider 5 on PC)
• STR (Tomb Raider 5 on Dreamcast)
• OBJ (Tomb Raider 5 on Playstation)
This tool replaces the old "Tomb Raider 1-3 BMP to RAW Converter".
This one is faster, more stable, has a lot more formats, is available on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows, and it DOESN'T use the old RNC Pro-Pack.
Instead, he had to write his own RNC2 compatible compression and decompression functions in C.
=> Return to Tools <=