Tomb Raider III HD Remaster
The purpose of this Tomb Raider III HD Remaster is to remake all the game textures to a high definition. We invite you to have a look at some of the medias below and to follow the progress of this project.
On the 3rd December 2019, Bob Smolders (also known as TRJTA) joined the project as technical artist to improve the game meshes, character models , lightings and more.
- South Pacific
How to install:
- Download the Peixoto Patch. (Some browsers report the patch as a virus, you must right-click the download file in the browser and choose allow)
- Download the texture pack.
1. Unzip the Patch paste anywhere you choose.
2. Run the Help.exe file from the Patch folder.
3. In the list on the left side of the app, choose Tomb Raider 3.
4. After that, on the right side of the application click the texture swapping option.
5. Enable the Texture Swapping option (if it is not enabled by default).
6. In the Documents folder of your computer a Games \ Tomb Raider \ TR3 \ Textures \ VOKSI folder was created. Unzip the texture pack files in this folder. After unzipping you should have 2 folders in here: Dumps and Replacments.
7. In the App, click the start button at the bottom left.
Screenshots of the India section with updated environmental textures, the very first look at Lara's new HD classic outfit (the 3 on the second row are Lara's model 100% finished), final version of the loading screen, screenshot of the first level 100% complete, comparison screenshot, Jungle cutscene first look & comparison, and new notebook feature:
Screenshots of the final version of the Coastal Village level and before/after comparison screens of Lara:
Screenshots of the final version of the Crash Site level:
Screenshots of the final version of the Madubu Gorge level:
Screenshots of the final version of the Temple of Puna level:
Core-Design.com Special Mention :
This Tomb Raider III Remaster looks already very good, and we can't wait to discover the retextured versions of the remaining levels. Brilliant!
=> Return to Modding <=