by MontyTRC (*)
(*) Additional credits: Lwmte, XProger, Stohrendorf, Titak, leveldesigner1, TRTombLevBauer, Gancian, Gemini, Gh0stBlade, Monsieur Z, Teslarus, Banderi, teme9.
Tomb Editor is an unofficial level editor for Tomb Raider 4 custom levels. It is a modern replacement for the RoomEdit level editor from Core Design, also known as "TRLE", which was released to the public in 2000 with Tomb Raider Chronicles and was the original in-house tool used by the development team to produce levels for Tomb Raider 4. Unlike RoomEdit, which dates back to 1999 and Windows 98 era, TombEditor is compatible with modern systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10, supports both 32-bit and 64-bit CPUs, takes advantage of modern GPUs capabilities through the use of DirectX 10 and has a more standard user interface utilizing a spectrum of mouse controls. TombEditor allows for import of RoomEdit's PRJ project files and for use of WAD object files and TGA texture sets, but also introduces its own proprietary PRJ2 format for project files and WAD2 format for object files, which are aimed at lifting the limitations imposed by the original formats. All of the crucial, basic functionality for level editing was ported from RoomEdit, with some of it extended to new abilities, along with new, additional tools developed from scratch to aid the editing process.
Update version 1.2.5 - 10/02/2019
Video of introduction (of version 1.2): FINALLY! Tomb Editor 1.2 IS HERE!
All new features and bugfixes:
- Fixed the Fix UV tool
- Fixed Eraser not being enabled by default
- Fixed Room Resizer resizing wrong walls
- Fixed flipon/off greater than 0
- Fixed group texturing
- Fixed horizon rendering
- Allow deselect object when clicking away
- Fixed 45° rotation of objects
- Merged Selected block and Selected geometry context menus (now you can add objects also on selected areas)
- Added debug texture "out of bounds" when parent area in group texturing is invalid (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Fixed Color dialog position (now it's located at top-left corner of screen instead of middle of 3D area)
- Fixed minor issues
Lwmte made this series of useful videos to introduce you to Tomb Editor:
Core-Design.com Special Mention :
The 2017 successor to the official Core Design 2000 Tomb Raider Level Editor has landed! Tomb Editor is a fantastic improvement of the original with new features and we recommend any builder to use it. Great job, MontyTRC!
=> Return to Tools <=