Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel Symphony
by Peter Connelly
Update (16 February 2019):
- Watch or re-watch the latest livestream below:
Update (20 January 2019):
Mark your calendars! Lara's Birthday Special! Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness play-through with the game's writer and composer! Your chance to hear their memories and ask questions! February 16th, 15:00 UK time.
Update (8 January 2019):
- You now have the opportunity to attend composer Peter Connelly in his studio for an exclusive one-to-one experience!
Book now: Individual 1-on-1 Studio Visit / Group Visit.
- They have managed to allocate enough funds to bring some exciting changes to the project! Read their project update here.
Update (7 January 2019):
All backers and those who purchased items in the Tomb Raider Dark Angel Symphony shop are invited to join Peter and the team for a dinner this May in Derby. If you're interested, join this Facebook group (please ensure you provide your backer/buyer email address or you might not be accepted).
Legendary Tomb Raider™ composer announces fan-driven Kickstarter campaign to bring beloved videogame soundtrack to life!
London, August 27th, 2018.
2019 marks the 20th anniversary of composer Peter Connelly’s first work on the Tomb Raider™ franchise. To celebrate this landmark event, Connelly is announcing today that he is launching a crowdfunding campaign (via Kickstarter) to produce a studio album featuring the music from Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider: Chronicles and, most excitingly of all, Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. This campaign has been organised entirely by a dedicated group of die-hard Tomb Raider™ fans and features world-class names within the music industry.
For nearly 20 years, Connelly and Tomb Raider™ fans have dreamed of hearing these beloved musical scores on a fully mastered studio album. Now, thanks to the crowd-funding power of Kickstarter, they have their chance to realise this dream. This campaign will be launched on the 1st October 2018.
The album will not be a direct copy of the original Tomb Raider™ games’ scores, although it will remain faithful to those classic soundtracks. The music will be transformed and rearranged using techniques and personnel that were simply not available or within reach 15–20 years ago. Connelly intends to bring the musical compositions and recordings up to date and provide the listener, not only a sense of nostalgia, but with a whole new experience of this familiar and much-loved Tomb Raider™ music.
The original versions of Connelly’s pieces will also be made available, properly remastered and beautifully presented, to tie-in with the new orchestral album so that fans can enjoy the original scores in the best possible quality.
Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel has been in development for about two years. This project is – uniquely – driven and arranged entirely “by the fans, for the fans” and sanctioned by Square Enix Europe and Crystal Dynamics.
Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel treats old and new fans alike to the finest musicians, sound engineers and arrangers in the world, including:
* Dr Richard Niles – Orchestrator / Arranger / Musician. “One of the most versatile men in modern music”, who has worked alongside such musical legends such as Paul McCartney, the Pet Shop Boys (“Left to my Own Devices” http://bit.ly/29fgxMk), Ray Charles, Cher, James Brown, Kylie Minogue, Tears for Fears (“Sowing The Seeds of Love” http://bit.ly/1iybTmN), Tina Turner, Cat Stevens, Grace Jones, Swing Out Sister, Take That, and Grammy- and Ivor Novello Award-winning producer Trevor Horn CBE (“The Man Who Invented The Eighties”).
* Isobel Griffiths – Orchestra contractor. A frequent collaborator of Richard Niles, she has also worked with Hans Zimmer, Howard Shaw, and James Horner (to name but a few) in hand-picking musicians for orchestral ensembles.
* Martin Iveson (Atjazz) – Musician, Composer, and Audio Production/ Mastering specialist with a long history of working in videogames and the music industry.
* More special guests to be announced soon!
The studio album will be recorded at the prestigious Air Lyndhurst Studios, London. This state-of-the-art studio has the perfect facilities to achieve the album’s production requirements.
Artwork, promotional material, pledge rewards, websites and social media feeds, pamphlets and miscellany are also being produced by Connelly’s team. Backers of the Kickstarter campaign will have the chance to obtain rare and sought-after Tomb Raider™ merchandise and exclusive memorabilia.
For more information, please visit the Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel website www.trdarkangel.com
More information coming soon!
You can also visit, subscribe, and follow Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
=> Return to Articles & Interviews <=